This is the perfect sweet snack for your next party. It's so good that all your party guests will have a hard time keeping their hands off it. So what is White Trash? It's made from a variety of cereals, salted nuts, pretzels and white chocolate. When you mix these ingredients together, the taste is indescribable. This treat mixes sweet and salty tastes into one snack.
Although this snack has a derogatory name, its taste is always favorable.
Cover a large surface with waxed or parchment paper. In a large mixing bowl, mix together cereals, nuts and pretzels. In a microwavable bowl, melt white chocolate chips in microwave on 70 percent power for 1 minute. Stir. If necessary, continue to microwave in 10 to 15 second increments until melted. Stir melted chocolate into cereal mixture until well coated. Quickly spread out over covered surface. Once cooled, break-up and store in resealable containers or bags.
*My suggestion for cereals that can be used with this recipe include Cheerios, and/or all Chex flavors.
Add Your Own Personal Touch
If you want to made your own version of White Trash feel free to add to this recipe. Some people will add marshmallows, chocolate chips, pecans, trail mix, popcorn, and even fruit, such as apples.
Make this snack seasonal by adding candy corn for a Halloween party, red and green M&Ms during the winter holiday season, red, white and blue M&Ms for the Fourth of July, or Hershey's kisses during Valentine's Day.
Other Sweet and Salty Snacks
If you like White Trash, you'll love these other great snacks that are easy to make, and make for great party treats.
- Popcorn Treats: This tasty recipe has only three ingredients.
- White Chocolate Covered Pretzels: Here is a sweet and salty snack recipe that's perfect for your next party.
- Peanut and Pretzel Bark: Enjoy this recipe that is made with only three ingredients.
- Salted Nuts: A great party snack, make one bowl of these homemade salted pecans or other nuts.
- Sugared Nuts: These tasty treats make great homemade gifts.