Rosemary and white wine come together as one to flavor chicken breasts for this easy recipe. The floral flavors of rosemary are perfect for the subtle nuances of white wine and it is a fantastic way to spruce up your chicken dinner.
Any white wine will do. This is the ideal excuse to use up the last of that open bottle which may still be okay to drink but is on the verge of being not-so-great. You might also want to consider a Sauvignon Blanc which will add another layer of herbal intrigue to the chicken.
The recipe was designed for 1-pound of chicken breasts. On average, you will get 2-3 large breasts in a pound, though the wine sauce should easily cover up to 4 breasts. If you need to bake more chicken, simply increase the sauce recipe.
Serve the baked chicken over rice or with a light pasta dish. It is also perfect for your favorite potato side.
- 2-3 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow 9x11 baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the white wine, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, rosemary, mushrooms, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Make sure to cover the entire chicken breast.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or alongside mashed or roasted potatoes.
More Chicken and Wine Recipes
Chicken baked in wine is a fantastic combination and after you enjoy this recipe, be sure to explore the pairing at a deeper level. Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Honeyed White Wine Chicken - If you love honey barbecue chicken, you'll love this recipe that essentially replaces the sauce with white wine. It's a fantastic twist that will surprise you and everyone who eats it.
- Italian Chicken with White Wine Sauce - Designed to be served over linguine, this delicious and super easy chicken recipe uses a creamy white wine sauce with Italian dressing mix.
- Lemon Chicken with Garlic Wine Sauce - A zesty dish, this chicken recipe features cutlets spiced with onion and garlic simmered in a lemon wine sauce.
- Spanish Chicken and Peppers in Garlic Wine Sauce - The name of this dish makes it sound more complicated than it is. You'll be delighted with roasted red peppers served over chicken breasts with a tasty garlic wine sauce.
- Garlic Roast Chicken with White Wine Sauce - We'll finish up with a whole chicken recipe for those family feasts. This mouth-watering roasted chicken is topped with a sauce of rosemary, garlic, bay leaf, lemon, and white wine.