A warm sweet-sour bacon dressing gives this spinach salad wonderful flavor as it wilts the leaves.
The crumbled bacon and red onion give it even more flavor and crunch.
- 2 quarts young spinach leaves, stems removed, washed
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Put spinach in a large serving bowl, tearing large leaves.
- In a saucepan, fry bacon until crisp, remove with slotted spoon; sprinkle over the spinach.
- To bacon drippings add flour; stirring until blended.
- Add sugar, vinegar, and salt. Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Pour over spinach and add onion. Toss gently.
You Might Also Like: