- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sofrito
- 1 packet sazón with annatto
- salt to taste
- 1 15.5 oz can pink beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 4 cups of water (or chicken broth)
2. Add the sofrito and lightly fry for about one minute.
3. Add the sazón, salt, beans, and rice. Stir to combine the ingredients and coat the rice with color.
4.Pour in the water (or chicken broth) and bring to a rolling boil. Allow to boil for one to two minutes, and then stir the rice mixture.
5. Reduce the heat to low and cover with a tight fitting lid that will not allow steam to escape. Do not lift the lid during the cooking time.
6. Cook on low for 30 minutes. Remove the lid, fluff the rice, and then cover again and let sit a few minutes before serving.
Servings: 4 one cup servings.