If you like exploring different vegetarian and vegan Thai food recipes at home, you'll definitely want to give this simple and easy yellow Thai curry recipe a shot. It's made with coconut milk, potatoes, broccoli, fresh ginger and plenty of spices.
What makes this simple homemade curry recipe so easy and quick to prepare is that there is no need to use a store-bought or pre-made curry paste in this vegetarian yellow Thai curry, as this recipe is seasoned and colored with curry powder, turmeric and chili sauce. If you're new to vegetarian cooking or Thai food cooking, this is a simple recipe to start out with. It also makes for an easy weeknight vegetarian dinner idea. Pair it with some white rice or quinoa, or, make it even easier on yourself and use some instant rice and you've got dinner on the table in just a few minutes.
If you like Thai vegetable curries, you may also want to try this vegetarian red curry with tofu recipe or this coconut and tofu curry recipe, or, here's a few more vegetarian curries from around the world. Enjoy!
See also: More vegetarian Thai food recipes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 potato, pre-cooked and chopped
- 2 carrots, pre-cooked and sliced
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp chili sauce
- 1/3 tsp salt
- First, place the coconut milk and vegetable broth in a large pot and give it a quick stir. Bring the mixture to a slow simmer.
- Add in the pre-cooked or leftover potatoes, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower (or whatever vegetables you are using) and allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Next, add in the ginger, sugar, garlic, turmeric, curry powder, chili sauce and salt and stir to combine well.
- Allow your yellow curry to continue to cook over medium low heat for 3 to 5 more minutes, or until the vegetables are all tender.
- Taste, and adjust the seasonings to taste. You may want to add a bit more salt, or a squeeze of fresh lime juice or top it all off with some fresh chopped cilantro for serving.
- Serve your prepared yellow curry over rice if desired.
If you like exploring global cuisines, be sure to check out this collection of vegetarian recipes from around the world.
See also: More healthy vegetarian recipes
Nutritional information (from Calorie Count):
Calories: 226; Calories from Fat: 136
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 15.2g; 23%
Saturated Fat: 12.9g; 64%
Trans Fat: 0.0g
Cholesterol: 0mg; 0%
Sodium: 721mg; 30%
Total Carbohydrates: 20.8g; 7%
Dietary Fiber: 5.1g; 21%
Vitamin A 105%, Vitamin C 93%, Calcium 6%, Iron 14%