Marnie shared this fun surprise gift that you can make and leave on someone's door without them knowing. Print out the poem below or make up your own, gather a few treats, and make a little sign that simply reads "BOO!" Then put them all in a little treat bag or basket and secretly leave them on someone's front steps
- Boo signs
Poem to Print
The air is cool, the season fall,
Soon Halloween will come to all.
Ghosts and goblins, spooks galore...
Tricky witches at your door.
The spooks are after things to do,
In fact, a spook brought this "Boo" to you!
The excitement comes when friends like you,
Copy this note and make it two.
We'll all have smiles upon our faces,
No one will know who "BOO"ed whose places!
Just two short days to work your spell,
Keep it secret, hide it well.
Please join the fun, the season's here
Just spread these "BOO's" and Halloween cheer.
Include a sheet of paper that says:
You have been BOOED! Please keep it going by following these directions:
- Enjoy your treat.
- Place the BOO sign on your front door or visible in a window.
- Within two days, make two copies of this note, two treats and two BOO signs
- Secretly deliver to two neighbors or friends without a BOO.
- Keep an eye on nearby front doors to see how far and fast it spreads by Halloween.
Vicki Sorensen from Minnesota created a few documents to do this in her neighborhood and she shared them to post here.
Click on each link below to get a PDF file to print and use:
- The Boo Sign - Print on orange construction paper.
- Halloween Boo Poem - Print this and the directions on the front and back of one piece of paper.
- Halloween Boo Directions