- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 to 4 quarts water
- 1 1/2 pounds yuca (washe, peeled, and sliced into fries)
- vegetable oil for frying
1. In a saucepan , combine garlic, bay leaves, salt, and water.
2. Bring the mixture to aboil.
3. Add the Yuca, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until yuca is tender, but not sticky or falling apart, about 30 minutes.
4.Drain the yuca on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, pat the yuca dry.
5. In a fryer or deep skillet, heat the oil to 375 Fahrenheit.
6. Fry the yuca until golden, drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and serve hot with Garlic Dipping Sauce