Yuca (sometimes spelled yucca) is similar in taste and texture to a potato. Next time you want french fries, try yuca frites instead; they look the same and taste similar, too.
- In a saucepan, combine garlic, bay leaves, salt, and water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Add the Yuca, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer until yuca is tender, but not sticky or falling apart, about 30 minutes.
- Drain the yuca on paper towels. When cool enough to handle, pat the yuca dry.
- In a fryer or deep skillet, heat the oil to 375 F.
- Fry the yuca until golden, drain on paper towels, sprinkle with salt, and serve hot with Garlic Dipping Sauce