Zucchini is a high moisture vegetable and not too tough, which makes it perfect for stir-frying. If you like, feel free to spice up this easy zucchini stir-fry by adding 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon of chili paste with the ginger.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine or dry sherry
1. Cut the ends off the zucchini, and cut diagonally into slices about 1/4-inch thick.
2. Pre-heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat until it is nearly smoking. Add the oil, swirling it around the pan.
3. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and stir-fry until it is aromatic. Add the zucchini. Sprinkle the salt and sugar over. Stir-fry for a minute, then stir in the rice wine or dry sherry.
4. Stir-fry the zucchini until it turns dark green and is tender-crisp (about 3 minutes total).